Friday, October 7, 2011

I Don't Feel Bad

I really haven't given up on this blog it just seems like it. I am working on finding balance in my life. I have never had very good balance (or rhythm for that matter). Since starting to work full time I think that I may have taken 100 pictures (an all time low for me). Generally, I miss things. I missed Emily's last day of joy school (I was in Vegas for work), I missed swim lessons (I was at work), I missed play group (I was at work), I missed more than one bedtime (I was at work) and I can't even remember what else I missed. Some times it makes me sad, but I also love it when Emily says "that's not the way that daddy does it" or "I like daddy the best." I love that my girls are developing a relationship with their dad. I love that Ryan knows how to do their hair. I love that I better understand Ryan and he better understands me. Would I stop working and move to a warm tropical island if money was not an issue? You bet, but I don't regret my life. I am fulfilled, I am happy, I am intellectually challenged, I am loved by my family! Overall, I don't think that I could ask for much more, except for maybe 3 day weekends to spend with the girlies, more caffeine, less bureaucracy, and more SCUBA diving.

That's ok though Ryan and I have developed a plan. We are going to pay EVERYTHING off by the time Chloe is in 5th grade, then spend the next 10 years saving as much as we can so that we can open a dive shop and Tiki bar/grill on a tropical island. I am totally NOT kidding. I have less than 20 years to pick out my island, so I better get started soon. A girl has gotta have a plan. My plan involved compressed air and grouper!

No comments: